Bow Clutch DIY

Hey Everyone!
I'm back with another easy DIY for you all. I was sitting in my living room and wanted to do something but not too extreme. I know I had some leftover fabric from my previous projects and needed a clutch or a handbag, like I need a hole in my head.

I was looking in my accessory closet and noticed I didn't have a Bow Clutch.
Well, my mind started races and wheels were turning.
I walked back to my sewing room and there she was, FABRIC!!
She spoke to me and said, "PICK ME"', and that's just what I did.

Here she is!
Soo Sassy..


My little lady just had to model it for you all.
She loves it and wants one for herself.


If you'd like to see how I organized my accessory closet, click the link below.
http://sewitchic.blogspot.com/2014/07/reorganize-my-accessory-closet.html


The fabric was leftover from these pants .
Click link below the picture to see.




What you'll need...

1- 15 x 15 Fabric for Bow
1-15 x 7 1/2 Interfacing for Bow
2- 17 x 14 Fabric for Purse
1- 17 x 14 Interfacing for Purse
1- 4 1/2 x 6 Fabric for Pocket
1- 1 1/2 x 3 for Around the Bow
Zipper
Glue Gun


Make sure that the fabric is all ironed and neat.
This is the body of the purse.

This is the bow fabric.
As you can see the bow is facing a different direction as the body of the purse.
I was trying to give it a little more movement.



Take the 4 1/2 x 6 fabric and iron a small hem all around the edge.



Sew all around the edge.



Sew pocket inside one of the 17 x 14 fabrics.
Remember to leave that top open.


It should look like this.


Take the 15 x 7 1/2 interfacing and iron in the middle of the 15 x 15 fabric.



Iron and pull each side of fabric, so that it overlaps a little.
Then hot glue piece together. 




Now that the ends are glued.


 Make a bow accordion style.


Take the 1 1/2 x 3 fabric and fold the back together like you did the bow and hot glue.
I just used my iron on adhesive.


Hot glue it around bow making sure back is facing back and front is facing front..


Now take 1, 17 x 14 and it's interfacing and iron together to give fabric a little more structure. Then put the other 17 x 14 fabric together facing away from each other and sew all the way around.  


 Sew the bow to the front of the clutch.



 I used the edge of the purse as a guide. 



As seen here.



Sew zipper to clutch



As you can see my zipper didn't match too much, so I kept it really close to the fabric.



Then sew the side together like below.




Turn purse inside-out and you're done...



Inside purse all done..


My model wanted to take another picture.
LOL!


If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.
Please Comment, Share and/or Subscribe.
Thanks again for stopping by...

Until Next Time....
DIY IT CHIC!!!!!





Comments

Popular Posts