2 Week Meal Planning and Saving Process..#2

Hey Everyone!!
I'm back with another 2 week meal plan.
This 2 weeks, I really didn't have to buy much because I'll be making alot of things and snacks from scratch. The girls are on spring break and I know if I don't monitor or make snacks, they'll be gone in 2 days. So along with this meal plan, I'll be giving you some tips to stretch your dollar even more..

Let's get started, shall we.
First, I make sure I look in my cabinets and fridge to see what I have and don't have, just like my meat blog. Then after that, I plan my 2 week menu for my family.
I'll insert pictures on those days. Again let me know if you want the recipe.

Some of my meals carried over for last 2 weeks menu.

Sunday/Monday
Broiled Fish Steaks w/lemon and butter
Asparagus

Tuesday/Wednesday
BBQ Chicken Thighs/Veggie Baked Beans and Rice

My week actually started out on Thursday.

Thursday
Homemade Pizza
(I went Meat Shopping and got in late)


Now let's get down to this weeks meals

This 2 Week Menu

Friday
Hot Dogs and Chips
(The girls wanted this and I obliged)

Saturday
Bubble Up Pizza



Sunday/Monday
Homemade Minestrone Soup
Homemade Bread Sticks
SOO GOOD




Tuesday/Wednesday
Jambalaya
(Maybe Side Salad)

Thursday/Friday
Easy and Inexpensive "Philly" Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Baked Potatoes


Saturday
(Whatever they want)

Sunday/Monday
 Chicken Milanese w/Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce
Parsley Rice

Thursday/Friday
Chicken and Buttermilk Waffles

Friday and Saturday
Cheese Burger w/ Homemade Burger buns


As I said in the previous blog, some of my meals can carry over,
due to unforeseen circumstances or shit, I'm just not in the mood to cook. lol


I decided to test myself even more this time.
I wanted to see if I could stay with in $150 for Meat, Grocery and Dollar Tree.
You already knew from my meat run blog, I spent $68.02.
Now it.s off to Dollar Tree.


I spent only $10.33 



You see those green bowls.
I mix flavored gelatin, fruit cocktail together and put it in the bowls, that's a cheap and easy snacks for the girls.

Each pack of Gelatin is .36 cent
Fruit Cocktail is $1.08
Saving.. for less than $1.50





Let them set in the fridge overnight .




Below are Thins Bagels, I get for breakfast the family.
Pop 1 in the toaster, spread cream cheese, jelly and we're good to go.
8 for $1, you can't beat that.



English Muffins are "must"in our home. I make turkey "McMuffin's" all the time. 
I sometimes make 2 for Laila (my middle daughter) she eats one at home and takes one to school for lunch. She eats it in the library, her favorite place in the world.
6 for $1 


Now for Supermarket.
I spent $76.39
Not Bad!!



Deals
Zucchini was $.98 lb, Sale Price 2 lb/$1= $.49
3 lb Bag of Onions was $2.23, Sale Price= $1.69
Roma Tomatoes was $1.14 lb, Sale Price $.69= $1.20
Cucumber was $.78 ea, Sale price $.59= $1.18
Navel Oranges was $.58 ea, Sale Price 2 lb for $1.00= $1.00
5 lb Bag of Potatoes was $2.69, Sale Price= $1.29

If I were to purchase at full price. 
Total would've been
$14.38

Price Matching 
$6.85

That's a $7.53 Saving.
Not Bad..




Another Tip
My baby girl loves overnight fruit, oatmeal and yogurt jars.

I get the frozen fruit for the Dollar Tree, put them in the bottom of the jar.
Cover the fruit with Flavored Oatmeal.



Seen Here


Cover with Plain Yogurt, I also add a little honey at the top.


Close, put in fridge overnight and it's ready to be eaten in the morning.







Meat Total= $68.02
Dollar Tree Total= $10.33
Walmart Total= $76.39

Grand Total= $154.74
I actually went over $4.74
Not Bad!!!!!

I hope you've enjoyed my 2 Week Meal Planning Menu.
If you would like me to continue to blog my Meal Planning just leave me a comment.

Please Comment, Share, and/or Subscribe to my Blog.

Until Next Time.....
PLAN IT CHIC!!!!!




Comments

Popular Posts