Two-Toned McCall's 6609

Hi Everyone!! 
I'm soo happy to present to you, 
Fatin
She's soo classic yet captivating and alluring that you can't take your eyes off of her.
I love how you can design this dress with soo many options, do try. 
When I first made this dress about 3 years ago, it intimidated the hell out of me.
But I was determined to make it work. 
I knew that I would make this dress again and I 'm happy that I did and recommend that you do too.




This is Fatin Sister,
Zara because she's so radiant, the picture doesn't do it justice.
Did I mention this was upholstery fabric?
I have so much respect for upholstery fabric. If I see it and it's reasonably priced, I'm buying it.


Side view and pocket view..


Here's the pattern. 
She may not look like much, but you can get alot of looks from it.

McCall's 6609
It's a fitted dress (close-fitting through bust), has self-lined bodice, seam detail, side front pockets, invisible back zipper and vent.


I purchased the fabric at you already guessed it.
Wally World!!!

Close View of the fabric..


Paired it with a black cotton



All Cut out and ready to Sew...

Important to know:

I made a change to my pattern.
 When I cut out the bodice, I didn't cut 2 bodice fronts. I folded
my fabric in half and cut it on the fold..  

Front bodice


I didn't add lining because of my bust area and quite frankly, shit it's too damn hot.
LOL


Below is the tutorial I used that taught me about adding facing.

Fashion Sewing Blog TV
She's taught me soo much about sewing that I turn to her for quick answers.

Measuring facing
I traced the neckline on the fold and used my curved ruler to finish the ends.


Try to even and clean up your edges to make your garment look great.


I was talking to my FB sew sisters about this very thing 2-3 days ago. 
Make sure you sew the end of the facing going toward the fabric makes it looks alot neater.


Back neck facing of the dress.



Facing all around the neckline.


Dress after facing was put in.


Even closer view.


Like I said before, I didn't cut the 2 bodice fronts on the black and white project,
but I did on my first one below.
You can actually tell the different.
I really recommend you fold the bodice in half. 
It make it alot smoother.. 


Front bottom pocket


Finished Pocket.


LOVE IT!!



Nobody's perfect. 
Shit happens

The whole side panel,
again I'm not perfect. It didn't match but it still looks great on..
LOL

Close side view


Whole side view.






I hope you've enjoy my post on this lovely dress.
Leave a comment or if you have any questions, feel free..

Until Next Time....
SEW IT CHIC!!!!!






Comments

Popular Posts