Outer Wear Series!!!

Hi everyone! 
I know it been a minute since I've sewn anything for myself.. I'm happy to say that I'm back... 
Everyone knows it Fall and Jacket time.. 
So, during the Month of October, I want to start a Series..
Outerwear Series that is..
 Each week, I'll post Jackets that I made for this Fall Season.. 


First on the list is this easy beauty..
I'm calling her Stormy... 
I just know she's going to be my go-to girl, through the go times and bad.. 
She was made in about 4 hours, I try my best not to rush through my process of sewing. Sewing is a outlet of me.. I always hated deadlines, I'm emotional that way.. 
I guess it's a creative thing.. 




Easy pattern for a beginner to get their feet wet.. 

McCall's 6408


You all know most of my fabric comes from Wally World..
This was such a nice thick cotton that I bought 4 yards. Yes, you see right $1.50 per yard.. I went back the next day to get more and it was all gone.
In the immortal words of Kenny Loggins  "I should've known better".... 
(Again, I crack myself up)
I bought it not knowing what I was going to make, but it so too good to pass up.. 
After making this Stormy, I had enough to make a dress. But I digress, you see that on my next posting.



Really nice material.. 



I hate cutting patterns out, but what'ca gonna do about it.. The pattern must run large because I cut a large out and it was a it big for me.. 
I still love it...
LOL


It was rather easy to make, very cut and dry..


                   

Arm view.. 

The corners came out really great... 
Outside View...


Inside View..



I don't have a serger but  zigzag stitch to finish the seams..



View of the back 


I love the way it came out and will use this pattern alot.. 


Stay on the look-out for my Ode to Kini 
(Project Runway Season 13 Contestant)
2 Garments with 4 yards of fabric.. 

Until Next Time...
Sew It Chic!!! 








Redesigning My Home...

 Hey Everyone! I'm creating another series called Redesigning My Home. I've had my old sectional sofa for 14 years, don't...