Homemade Baked Apple, Apple Pies...

I remember watching P.Allen Smith on KERA about 4 Saturday's ago, it was all about Fall Dining and Thanksgiving Recipes. He's my male "Martha Stewart" an I love watching his show for lovely decor, cooking and gardening ideas. He's a little less complicated than Martha, but I love her just the same. LOL
Well on the show, he made the cutest Baked Apple, Apple Pies and I knew I had to make them. 


The recipe is linked below.. 

I wanted to show you how easy and cute these would be served on Thanksgiving, an intimate dinner or for an after dinner special treat for the family.. 

First, I cut my apple at the top, then took a melon baller or spoon and scoop the inside of the apples out. Please be careful not to puncture the apple, all of it's filling will fall out while baking. 
(sorry no picture, forgot)

Mix all of the ingredients in the recipe (above) and fill the apples.
Don't they look Delicious, Nile couldn't keep her hands out of the filling..


Now it's time for the fun part..
Unroll the pre-made, room temperature pie crust and cut about half inch stripes into pie crust.

Divide those in half. 


Make a cross on top of the apple with the pie crust.

You are going to weave the dough through each other.


Until it looks like this. 

Cut the access dough from around the apple and pinch the pie crust to seal in the juices of the pie.. 
After that, take a fork and press into the pie crust for a more decorative touch. 

They should look like these when done.

Swipe a little melted butter on top, then sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar on top of the buttered apples.
Add water to the bottom of baking dish and cover with foil.
Put in oven for 25 minutes on a 375 degree oven.
After, take off foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown..  

Viola!
They came out beautiful..
Don't you think?



I always enjoy my Apple pie with Vanilla ice cream.


Let me know if you'd love to try this recipe or if there's any other recipes you'd like me to make..
Don't forget to follow me and subscribe to my blog.. 
I'd really love to hear from you.

Until Next Time....
Sew It Chic!!!!!!




Comments

Popular Posts