Skip to main content

Sunday's Dinner!!! Roasted Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary Chicken


Roasted Lemon,Garlic and Rosemary Chicken


Dinner was great tonight!! 
Usually when I make baked chicken the family likes it and we manage to have leftovers for the next day. This is my second time making the Roasted Chicken and I'll tell you this, the family eats every bit of it.. They enjoy it so much that it's gone in a night.. 

The recipe is from Divas Can Cook 
(recipe below) I also  love her YouTube Channel. 
The only thing I do different in recipe is baste the chicken twice instead of once and leave it in for another 15 minutes. It adds that extra crunch.. 

It was fantastic, I paired with my twice cooked potatoes and nice salad.. 
It was soo tasty.. 
Please looked up the recipe and enjoy..

Until Next Time...
Sew It Chic!!

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Yaka-Mein!! But if you're from New Orleans you say. Yaka-Meat!!

New Orleans Style Homemade Yaka-Mein!!
If you're not form New Orleans, then you probably will not know what this is. But if you do, then here's the recipe for "Yaka-Meat". Yaka-Meat originated http://www.noladefender.com/content/bowl-mystery. Link above to make a long story short..  
Ingredients below:

2 pounds of stew meat beef 3 or 4 quarts of water 2 cubes of beef bouillon cubes Black Pepper to taste Salt to taste Garlic Powder to taste Onion Powder to taste Kitchen Bouquet 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce Half Bottle Soy Sauce Half Bottle Any Louisiana Hot Sauce Long Green Onions Boiled Eggs

 I know it looks a little gross but believe me, the outcome is delicious!  Put Meat, Cubes,  Seasoning, Kitchen Bouquet in a big pot, let it simmer for about 5 minutes or until the beef is browned. Add the 3-4 quarts of water and half bottles of Worcestershire and Soy sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and let cook about 2-3 hours or until beef is tender enough to fall apart. 


Coo…

DIY Faux Leather Tote Bag

Hey Everyone! I'm back again with another DIY for you all. I don't know what it is but I'm really starting to love making handbags, clutches, and totes. I guess it's the faux leather that's inspiring me. 
Well this time, it's an easy Faux Leather Tote To Go! It took about 2 hours to from start to finish.

This will definitely be my everyday purse when the girls school starts and running errands.
 The faux leather was purchased on fabric.com for $7 a yard.  I only purchased a yard but received almost 2 yards.  Thanks Fabric.com.. 
 Looking at YT, again and I saw the cutest leather tote that I had to make. First, I made a mini purse, just to see if I could so it. Then I decided to make the larger version. It came out perfect..  My hubby even thought it was a new purse and didn't believe I made it. He inspected it as many Arabs do and I just laughed. He said. babe it's really nice.
PROUD MOMENT!!!! 
I'm calling her Jordan.  I don't know why, it jus…

From the Beach to the City... Sewing! Tunic time...

Cynthia Rowley - Simplicity 2854..Well this year my family and I are taking 2 trips in one... We going to the beach and back home to New Orleans (my hometown).. I want to make a couple of pieces that I can transition in both places.. Well I think I found something else.. I love tunics.... In blogs to come I will take pictures of tunics I've sewn through the years.  
Simplicity 2584 View B: 

This pattern was one of my first pattern that I purchased... years.. I was too scared to try the yoke (neckline), that I put it in the back of my patterns..I went to Wal-Mart and purchased this Home Decor, Linen-like fabric..  I couldn't pass up $3 per yard, so I got 3 yards.
 Advice: Read your patterns and when you can't understand them. read them again.. I have a tendency to look and skim through patterns. This one had me praying.
Below: I love how it came out.. I know I'll be making a few more for the trip, some in contrasting colors... I can put flip flops on for the beach and we…

DIY Jil Sander Inspired Pyramid Mini Bag.

Hey Everyone!
I just received this faux croc leather in the mail yesterday and as soon as I looked at it, I know exactly what I wanted to do. I'd been eyeing Jil Sander's purses and clutches and knew I had to make something inspired from her beautiful collections.   
It took about 3 1/2 hours to make and was really easy once you get your pattern down,,
She's not very big but big enough for your phone, makeup, money and keys to fit in just fine..



Here's another view of her..
I need to make one in every color..




This is the original Jil Sander's purse based on the replica.   Materials needed:

Not even a 1/2 of yard of faux or vinyl of your choice.
Zipper
Purse Accessories of your choice.
Loop Ring
Tassel
Loop Clip



Let's begin.  Cut 2 pieces of paper 6 x 6 


With one of the 6 x 6 paper. Put a dot in the middle of the page and take a ruler and run and line from the bottom to the end making a triangle.


Cut lines to make shape of Triangle


 Cut 4 Triangles and 1 Square.


New Orleans Style Seafood Gumbo Recipe

Gumbo is one of my husband's favorite dishes  he LOVES me to make..  If it was up him, we'd have it every week..  "TOO EXPENSIVE" Especially living in Dallas.. 
Well here's a short cut, easy way to make my delicious New Orleans Style Seafood Gumbo..

Ingredients: Seafood Stock  Creole Gumbo Base ( I also made a roux) Crab meat 3 cans Whole Oysters Canned ( raw wasn't available) 1-2 Pounds of Shrimp 10-15 crabs S/P Bay Leaves Gumbo File' Water 3 Onions 3 Celery Stacks 6 Garlic Cloves Turkey Sausage 1/2 Cup of Flour Rice

Chop and saute onions, celery and garlic until all veggies are translucent.  

Put aside and in same pan brown sausage.

Combine veggies and sausage together. Put 1/2 cup of flour in veggies and mix until is becomes pasty.

See Pasty!!!

Add Seafood Stock and Bay Leaves in Stock Pot. Let simmer for about 5 minutes to get the flavor out of the B/L.. 

I know alot of people add Gumbo File' at the end of the process.  I add it during and after t…