Easy $4.00 DIY Dollar Tree Lantern

Hey Everyone!
Just wanted to drop by and post a quick DIY for you.
We all know the holiday season is upon us and a lot of us are on a budget.
So, here's a inexpensive and elegant way to "brighten" your holidays and even use them all year round.

Isn't it pretty!


SUPPLIES

Candles
4 Picture Frames, any size, I went with 5x7.
Paint (optional)
Hot Glue Gun
Beads for the feet of your Lantern

My first step is optional, I decoupaged glitter over my candles to give them a glow..
I recommend that you texturize your candle before putting glitter on them. Just take fork and score the sides to rough'em up a little, the glitter will adhere better to them.
I had my fan right next to me, as soon as I finished applying the decoupage glitter, I put them under the fan. It didn't take very long to dry but I waited overnight. 



You see in some place where the glitter just started to slide, I won't tell if you don't.
They still look beautiful at night.


These were $1 each at the Dollar Tree and really nice I might add.


I unwrapped, then separated the glass from the picture frame.


After, I dried brushed some beautiful flat paint on the frame. No, sanding needed.
I wanted more of a rustic feel.


Added mirror back to the frame by hot gluing each corner.


Hot glue each frame together, making a box.


Like this picture below
This is the bottom



After all sides are hot glued and dried.


Trace the bottom of your lantern out on a sturdy piece of cardboard and hot that at the bottom.


I also had some old beads to use as feet for my lantern.
I just glued them on to the bottom of the cardboard.


And there you have it..
Seriously, this took about 1 hour to do and that was with the decoupaging and dry painting the frames.


I hoped you've enjoyed this simple but elegant way to illuminate your home..
If you have any questions or comments please feel free and share if ever possible.

Until Next Time....
DIY IT CHIC!!! 



Comments

Popular Posts