Easy Brownie Biscotti

Hey Everyone!!
Now this is my first time trying this.
I've always wanted to try to bake biscotti
So, come along on this journey with me and let's see how it turns out.
Everytime I'd go to Star Buck's I'd see how cute they were package but didn't have the heart to spend $2.50 for 1. So, I decided to look up the recipe on line and see if I really wanted to take that challenge and make them. As you some of you might know I am in love with Noreen's Kitchen on the YT, she so amazing to me. While grocery shopping I picked up a box of brownies for the family after Sunday dinner but when I looked at one of Noreen's recipes that required Brownie mix, that was all she wrote.
Sorry Fam, No Brownies Sunday.
It's Biscotti!!
They were great with a glass of milk and my morning coffee.




Ingredients Needed
Boxed Brownie Mix
2 Cups of Flour 
(The recipe asked for 1 Cup of Flour but it was too sticky, almost mushy)
Vanilla Extract (I used Coffee Extract)
Melted Butter
2 Eggs
Nuts or Chocolate chips (optional)

Pre-heat oven 325 degrees



Combine all in mixer or in your bowl.
This is were I thought 1 cup of flour was enough, it wasn't. I touched the dough and it was really soft and it came off on my hands. So I gradually added 1/4 of flour at a time until it was consistent with soft tootsie roll.


You see what I'm saying, it actually looks like a huge Tootsie Roll.



Flatten it out..


Cut in half.



Flatten the biscotti and form into logs on parchment paper.




Put into the oven for about 35 minutes and here's how they look after the 1st bake.
Some of you may know that biscotti means twice baked. 
So we're going to put them back into the oven again.



Let cool for 10 minutes and cut on the bias, like the picture below. 


On the same cooled cookie sheet add a clean piece pf parchment paper and turn them on it's side. 
Put them back into the oven for 10 more minutes, turn the oven off and let them stay in the oven for 30 more minutes to dry out. 




Look at those chocolate chips. 
My family loved these soo much, as I'm about finishing this blog post and Laila just asked when am I making these again. Soon honey, real soon. 


Hope you've enjoyed my take on and easy and semi-homemade biscotti recipe.
If you have any questions feel free to ask, you can also share, comment and subscribe to my blog.
Tell a friend and they can tell a friend.. 

Until Next Time..
BAKE IT CHIC!!!! 


Comments

Popular Posts