Fun Chevron Technicolor Coat/Duster Butterick 5952

Hey Everyone!!!
I hope that everybody had a Great Christmas and Wonderful New Year..

I'm back with a very, very festive coat/duster..
It's too cold to wear her this winter but she'll be speculator in the Spring. 






First, let me introduce you to Chev'..
A breath of fresh air, isn't she? 
I went to Wally World for something totally different and happened to stumble upon Chev'. She was just a wavin' at me, trying to get me to notice her. I was to busy on another rack looking at fabric I intended to procure but she was justa wavin'. Then, I looked to the left and she almost knocked me off my feet. I actually ran to her, picked her up and literally turned her around in my arms. I wish you could have seen it, it was like a scene out of a movie.
LOL!!
The 3 men in the boot aisle must have thought I was out of my damn mind.
I didn't care because I knew we belong together.
She was $3.00 a yard and guess what?
She was in the Home Decor aisle.. 
She's thick enough for a duster but not to heavy as a winter coat..




When I saw her in all her glory, I when she reminded me of something but I couldn't place it but as I walked through Wally World making groceries this coat came to mind.
I know I could never, ever find the fabric below but the fabric I purchased was good enough.. 


1960's Donald Brooks Technicolor Striped Vintage Coat.
I know the fabric isn't exactly like the coat but it inspired me soo much.  
I really didn't want a trench coat, I wanted more of a Duster like the pictures below.

You can also wear her in the fall too.


I used Buttericks 5952 

B5952, Misses' Jacket, Belt and Dress

MISSES JACKET, BELT AND DRESS: 
Loose-fitting, underlined, lined jacket has collar, side pockets, back yoke, pleat, and self belt. Optional stitching, buttons and buttonholes

Line Art

Details:
I didn't underline this jacket because the fabric was decor fabric and was a little heavier than the fabric required for the pattern, but I did put lining in the jacket because I wanted a little more  structure. I already have the lining fabric that was given to me by my fabric fairy and it matched perfectly with the beige chevron on the fabric. 







We're all cut and ready to go. 



Stitched and Pressed Dart.




Pleated and Pressed Back.




Attached Yoke Back




Attached Pockets


Stitched Back and Front sections at shoulders.


Side View


Back View



Stitched Under Collar


Attaching Under Collar


All Attached


I know, I know the bottom collar is not pattern matched, but being that it's at the bottom you won't see that..


Side View of Collar



Making Lining.




Lining All Done..



Attached Top and Lining Together 




All Done!!!!!



Back View



Close up View of Pleat.


Close Up of Back



Close View of Top stitched Front Opening




Arm View



Cuffed Arm




Thank You all for being soo patience with me and continuously view my blog.
Please comments, share, and like it of possible.

Until Next Time...
SEW IT CHIC!!!!








Comments

Popular Posts