Simplicity 1325 - Ode to Kini!!!


Hey Everyone!!! 
This is the 2nd day of me posting.. I told you I missed ya'll..
It's my 41st birthday and it's my day.. 
LOL
After I made McCall's 6408 Jacket, with the $1.50 Wally World fabric. I had about 1 and a half left over.. Whoever knows me, knows that I LOVE Kini Zamora from Project Runway. I think he's a fantastic designer and I love his design esthetic. He knows a woman's body and how to accentuate every curve of it, Flawlessly... 


Kini Zamora

Project Runway Episode 10, Muse on the Street
He made the cutest jean dress and jacket for the sweetest young lady..
I loved it soo much that I had to make it too.
I used Simplicity 1325 and it came out great.



The pattern was very easy to follow , but I changed it up a little.
View C


I prayed while cutting it out, that there has enough fabric, I did.. 
 I cut the skirt bigger to make it fuller.. 
Didn't use a zipper because of the stretch cotton, I sewed the back up completely and used elastic to cinch that waist in even more. 
Easy to slip on and off.. 



Kini's Project Runway dress and jacket.
Perfect match wouldn't you say?
I just need that jacket in my life.. 



Back View


The pattern said to make a lining. I didn't want a lining so I opt to interface the neckline. 


It's a little crooked, but if you won't tell .I won't. 
LOL
Seriously, I just sewed the left edge a little straighter, it didn't take long.


Make sure you cut excessive material to make neckline line smoother.. 

When you turn garment over it should look like this.. 


This is inside of the garment after sewing the neckline

This is outside of garment 

Full view of bodice

Skirt directions are easy to follow.
This is the view of the skirt pocket.
I should have taken pictures of me put it together and adding the elastic. 
I promise I'll do better next time, sometimes "I'm in my own zone" and forget to take pictures.. 




Side View 

Closer view of pocket


Closer view of Bodice.. 
Love it.. 
Will be making more of her.. 



I hope you enjoyed my blog.. 

Until Next Time...
SEW IT CHIC!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts