What To Do With Leftover Ankara Fabrics???!!! Simplicity 1887


Make A More Shorts


I have an obsession with Ankara Fabrics... 
I have to stop myself from buying it because my closet would be filled with nothing but Ankara.. LOL
I was in the process of finishing up a project when something told me to put it down. So, I put the project down.. Then the voice told me to look at my Ankara Fabric, so I looked at my fabric. I had a yard of one color and some leftover scrapes of another color.. Mind started races, what can I do with this?
I knew I needed more shorts, so I took my Simplicity 1887 out praying that it would work and IT DID!!! 



Side View



Start to finish it took about 4 hours and I love them.. 





Previous Ankara Prints 




More Leftover Accessories.





And we're off to the Main project.. 
I'm didn't have enough pink material ,so I cut the scrapes from the other Ankara fabric for the pockets.. 
Loving how it came out.. 

Isn't it soo neat!




I'm really starting to pay close attention to my construction of my garments.. 




View of the inside of my garment


Right side of garments... 
I love the pockets..



Added waistband..


Top stitched  


Also added Ribbon


Projects are never done until I sew my label on..


Until Next Time..
Sew It Chic!!!



Comments

Popular Posts